Oxfordshire ME Group for Action (OMEGA) Experiences of Children with ME
Useful ME Publications
Both Oxfordshire support groups, and all the national ME charities have magazines or newsletters. In addition the national groups all produce leaflets and pamphlets that provide helpful information for patients, carers, and health professionals. Some of these can be downloaded for free or purchased at a nominal cost.
Membership Survey 2013
Survey of OMEGA members on local NHS services for ME/CFS.
Research into the views of GPs in Oxfordshire on services for patients with CFS/ME (2012)
We regret that old newsletters are currently unavailable due to a copyright issue.
The first two provide a medical understanding of ME/CFS, and are available from the ME Association.
- ME/CFS/PVFS: An Exploration of the Key Clinical Issues 2008 by Charles Shepherd and Dr Abhijit. pdf format, 803Kb
- ME Diagnosis: Delay Harms Health 2005 ME Alliance. pdf format, 172kb
- ME/CFS: A clinical Case Definition and Guidelines for Medical Practitioners. An overview of the Canadian Clinical Guidelines 2003 by Dr. Bruce Carruthers and Marjory van der Sande. pdf format, 975kb
- Managing ME: Provides a general introduction and advice on management of ME. pdf format, 1.7mb
These books were voted the most popular Self Help books (AfME, 2005):
- Living with ME – Dr Charles Shepherd
- M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – A Practical Guide – Dr Anne McIntyre
- Better Recovery from Viral Illness – Dr. Darrel Ho Yen
- ME and Post Viral States: the saga of Royal Free Disease – Melvin Ramsay
- M.E. and You – Steve Wilkinson
- Occupational Therapy and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome – Diane Cox
- Recovering From M.E. – A Guide to Self-Empowerment – William Collinge
- Shattered – Life with M.E. – Lynn Mitchell
- Surviving M.E. – Joyce Fox
- Unwind – Dr. Darrel Ho Yen
- Joyful Recovery from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME - Sasha Allenby
- Lost Voices – from a Hidden Illness – Natalie Bolton for Invest in ME
Some of these books are available from the county libraries, or from Omega library.