OMEGA is the Oxfordshire Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Group for Action. We are a self-help group for people with ME or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and their carers.
David Tuller - Discusses M.E./C.F.S. and the UK Medical Establishment
Tickets, Saturday 19th October - click or see EVENTS for more info
Dr Karl Morten's M.E. Research on BBC South News
Oxfordshire ME Group for Action (OMEGA) Experiences of Children with ME
OMEGA Support/Social Groups
Of course we are aware that a lot of our members are not well enough to attend these groups and we shall be thinking of them at these events.
Social Group meeting dates Summer Newsletter
OMEGA Oxford Area Social gathering
Monday 6th August **note this is correct date**
Monday 3rd September
Monday 1st October
from 1.15 pm onwards at De Vere Hotel (formerly Oxford Thames Four Pillars), Henley Road, Sandford-on-Thames, Oxford, OX4 4GX
An opportunity for OMEGA members and carers to socialise with other ME sufferers. The 3A city bus runs every half hour from Oxford to the hotel.
OMEGA Oxford Area Social gathering takes place on the first Monday of every month (unless it falls on a bank holiday and it will then be the following Monday)
Banbury Support Group
We are a small, friendly and informal group who meet regularly on the first Tuesday of each month. Please feel free to pop in anytime, whether it is for a quick chat or longer if you wish. Family and carers are very welcome. Meetings are on the first Tuesday of the month, between 12 noon and 1 pm, later if energy permits. .
Tuesday 7th August
Tuesday 4th September
Tuesday 2nd October
Location: The Mill Arts Centre, Banbury, OX16 5QE.
Driving: There is ample metered and some free disabled parking just outside.
On foot: It is just across the Canal from Castle Quay Shopping Centre.
Please feel free to pop in anytime, whether it is for a quick chat or longer if you wish. Family and carers are very welcome.
Facebook: Banbury ME Support Group
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Bicester ME Support Group
Monday 13th August
Monday 10th September
Monday 8th October
Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month between 12 noon and approximately 2.00pm, later if energy permits.
Location: The Kings Arms Hotel, 40 Market Square, Bicester, OX26 6AH. There is ample parking at the rear of the hotel…. your car needs to be registered at reception.
Facebook: Bicester ME Support Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/872947629558505/
Email: email@example.com for details
South Oxfordshire ME/CFS Support Group
We will be meeting on the following dates at
the Shillingford Bridge Hotel, OX10 8LZ at the usual time of 12 midday – 2.00pm.
Next meeting of the South Oxfordshire Support Group will be
Monday 8th October
The Thames Travel 139 bus no longer stops near to the hotel, but the X39/X40 Oxford to Reading bus stops on the main road in Shillingford near the turning to the hotel (five minutes’ walk). There is also car parking on site.
For further information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wantage and Grove ME/CFS Support Group (WAGS)
Friday 5th October 10.30-12pm, Cornerstone Cafe, Grove
Cornerstone Café, 10 Savile Way, Grove, OX12 0TP
The Lord Nelson Pub, Charlton Road, Wantage, OX12 8HL
For further info email email@example.com
For more details click on Full events listing
Membership Survey 2013
Omega survey on local NHS services for ME/CFS
The full results are now available!
2012 GP Survey
See also our previous 2012 research into GP views of CFS/ME in Oxfordshire.
Life with ME/CFS
This collection of original and powerful poetry from Oxfordshire ME Group for Action (OMEGA) lets you see the view 'from the bed'.
Stay up to date with OMEGA
BBC Local News item about the GP survey and childrens' ME services
BBC Oxford feature on the GP survey and childrens' ME services
Patricia Wells of OMEGA speaks to James Cannon. Listen here (mp3 format, 3MB)
Oxford Mail article on the campaign for children's ME services in Oxfordshire - 4th Feb 2013
Another new research paper co-authored by OMEGA member Norman Booth - 20th Nov 2012
Norman gave a talk on this paper at the 3rd World Congress on Targeting Mitochondria in Berlin on November 9th 2012.
Interview on BBC Radio Oxford - 30th Oct 2012
Jayne Diston and Jan Seed speak to Malcom Boyden about OMEGA, ME and Poetry from the Bed. Listen here (mp3 format, 9MB)
We were also featured in a BBC News website article!
New research paper co-authored by OMEGA member Norman Booth
Interview on BBC Radio Oxford - 14th May 2012
Jayne Diston, Dr Charles Shepherd and Pat Williams speak to Jo Thoenes about ME, OMEGA's 'Poetry from the Bed' competition, prize giving and the winning poem 'Anstice', ME Awareness Month exhibition and 45,000 installation, and OMEGA. Listen Here
Radio 4 programme about ESA 20th December 2011
ME article Oxford Times May 5th 2011, p.46:
Latest research shows evidence of persistent infection of children with ME:
OMEGA offers help and support by providing:
- Meetings, social events and workshops - Including talks by both conventional and complementary practitioners, latest research and benefits information - see Forthcoming Events
- Quarterly newsletters – Full of supportive advice and information, including some jokes and pictures.
- Monthly meditation group – For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information and training for Health Professionals
- Access to other Oxfordshire groups - See below:
- Telephone contact list – For details contact OMEGA – Details below.
- A library
OMEGA is also active in research and campaigning for improved services:
- Research into patients’ and general practitioners’ experience of Health & Social care for people with ME/CFS
- Research into biomedical markers for the illness by an OMEGA member - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2680051/
- Successful campaigning for the Oxfordshire Community CFS/ME Team now known as Oxfordshire CFS/ME Service (Previously known as OCCMET) - http://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/service_description/oxfordshire-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me-service
- Representation on the advisory group for ME/CFS services in Oxfordshire. Our current campaign is to improve services for children and young people in Oxfordshire. If you are a parent, young person, or professional working with young people, we would love to hear from you.